Tuesday 7 November 2017

Visiting Lecturer - Rob Lowe


I'm not usually a fan of Rob Lowe's work but I attended the lecture for some inspiration to see how he works and what advice he could have for students. He's an interesting character with a lot to say. He was a lot more philosophical than I imagined when he spoke about how rules are a made up concept and we're all going to die anyway (something I can relate with).


I'm interested in how he focuses on the relationship between dots and lines throughout his work. I appreciate that he has used his knowledge to simplify his older work down by using 90 and 45 degree angles rather than the complex designs that people used to consider as 'doodles.' 

His black and white work strikes me the most. Especially the political work where he uses quotes from Theresa May and completely roasts her by using typefaces to make her words look more innocent. 

No comments:

Post a Comment